Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday Success

You may remember that I set weight loss goals for myself. It's more than losing weight, it's about being healthy and making myself happy with my body again. Dieting can be frustrating. You feel like you're counting every calorie, monitoring what you eat, working out, not giving in to every craving and yet the scale doesn't seem to be moving down as quickly as you would like. So far, I've been using My Fitness Pal on my iphone to count calories and monitor my food, as well as exercising, for about 3 weeks. So far, I'm only down about 4 pounds. Very small victory, and I hadn't been noticing any difference in my clothing, appearance, etc. Until today! I wore a dress to church this morning that I haven't worn since December. I was rewarded when I realized that the dress was fitting a little looser and laying better than it had the last time I wore it. It may be a baby step, but it's a step! I'm definitely feeling better today now that I've noticed a small change in my body! Success is a wonderful feeling!I hope y'all are having a wonderful Sunday and enjoyed your weekend!

xx, Emily Ann

3 comments:

  1. Aww I love this post. I'm a new follower. My name is Heather. I'm starting my healthy life routine tomorrow and so this is very inspiring. Most times for me its the way my clothes fit that lets me know I'm doing something good. I'm hoping to be able to fit better into Lilly stuff once I get healthy. Keep up the fabulous work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations dear! I started Weight Watchers this year and even though the amount I lost is small compared to what I want to lose, it's such a great feeling seeing that your clothes fit looser. :)

    p.s. That dress pretty much looks like it was made for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fantastic! Love the entire outfit...head to toe! Keep going strong, it is soooo paying off for you!

    Love and Hugs,
    Mrs. Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete