Sunday, March 18, 2012

St. Patrick's Day the Lilly Way

You've got to love when a holiday that's all about eating and drinking with friends lands on a Saturday! Especially because St. Pat's also fell in line with my weekend off for this month, so I had a St. Pat's Saturday full of fun! Friday and Saturday I spent looking at some houses with my parents and our realtor- I'm on the hunt for a place of my own, and they're helping me find the right place. Friday, after thinking we'd never find one, I fell in love with a cute little house built in the 60's. Since I think I've found "the one" we set up a meeting with the realtor for Saturday so my roomie-to-be could weigh in on the house before we went any further. She and I went over the house top to bottom, talking furniture and fixtures and curtains. Needless to say, we both loved it! Afterwards my parents took us for a late lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant. Nachos and margaritas was a great way to start off our St. Pat's celebration! After dinner, my parents headed home and Court and I headed downtown to meet up with some friends. It was a gorgeous day, and we spent the evening on the patio at our favorite bar with green beers and our friends. It was a fabulous way to spend the day!

My wardrobe doesn't have very much green- try almost none. I have one green cardigan, which it was to warm to wear, and that's the only item of green clothing I own. So I had to get creative with my green wear. I painted my nails a fun mint green, and wore one of my Lilly dresses with a floral pattern that involved some green leaves. What better excuse to wear Lilly?


Lilly Pulitzer Somerset dress in Just Love with Natural Sullivan belt, Michael Kors watch, and bronze and gold Jack Rogers Navajos. I love this dress, it was so fun and comfortable!

I hope y'all had a great, green St. Patrick's Day!

xx, Emily Ann

1 comment: