Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Recent Lilly Purchases

Budget or not, if I spot a Lilly item that I've had on my wish list for a while on sale, I can't help but find a way to make it mine! Recently, I've been on a slight spending spree and in the last two weeks I've purchased THREE Lilly Pulitzer dresses that I've had my eye on for a while!

My first purchase was the Pipster Sweater Dress in Azalea Pink Frilly Ferns. I decided I needed this dress when I saw a friend wearing it with brown riding boots- such a cute look! I found this dress at Village Palm, a Lilly Pulitzer Via store, at 50% off! Living in Missouri, our weather can be a bit bi-polar! Spring may be arriving in some places, and we have our warm days here, but we are far from having the cold days behind us here! So I plan on wearing this dress with tights and boots and maybe even with some wedges for a while until the weather gets too warm to wear it. I also think this would be cute with my Sullivan belt- one dress, so many ways to wear it!When I received my dress from Village Palm, they included a coupon for 15% off my next purchase. The bargain hunter in my couldn't let that go to waste, so I called up the ladies to see if they had the Somerset dress in Just Love- and they did! I've loved the look of the Somerset since Lilly Pulitzer released the first round of items for Spring. It's very similar to the Cassie dress, with the frilly details on the sleeves to add just a little something extra. I've seen this dress worn in several ways, all of which I mean to try myself! Of course it will be adorable when the weather gets warm with my Jack Rogers sandals for the day, or some ruffled wedges for an evening out. To wear it now, I've seen it paired with navy leggings, boots, and the Sullivan belt. I can't wait to try that look out myself! I also think this would be fun with the Sullivan belt and my cowboy boots- can you say fun?? I think this dress will prove to be very versatile and fun for several seasons.
My final purchase is a dress I have been wanting for months now! Ever since Lilly Pulitzer released the Helena Sweater Dress, it has been on my wish list. The versatile navy color, the ruffles on the sleeves and the hem- this dress screamed "Emily" to me! When Lilly Pulitzer posted this photo on their facebook page showing the versatility of this dress, I absolutely knew it had to be mine! I couldn't afford to pay full price, but in the last few weeks several Lilly Pulitzer Via stores have been marking it down, and a few women on websites I belong to have started to list this dress now that it is past season for them to wear it and they find that it sat in their closet all winter! So I was lucky enough to snag this dress at a little over 50% off and I'm thrilled! Once I get it, I can't wait to find a way to wear it a few times before it gets to warm to wear it, but I know it will be a staple in my closet next fall and winter when I'm (hopefully) teaching full time!Have any of y'all found any great buys lately? I love sharing when I save and hearing about how others have snagged something they love at a great price!

xx, Emily Ann

1 comment:

  1. Love everything you bought. Especially the top dress. Wear it in good health.

    ReplyDelete