Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Lilly Does Kentucky Derby

I know that the Kentucky Derby was over a month ago at this point (oops!) but I'm operating under the philosophy of better late than never! With school finally out for the summer, this teacher finds herself with free time once again. I thought what better way to jump back into blogging than with some fun photos from a Kentucky Derby party I attended- especially with American Pharaoh winning the Triple Crown just a few days ago! There aren't many options for events like these in my small town, but with my best friend living just a few hours away in St. Louis, we found a perfect event to sport our Lilly and watch the Derby. A closer college friend was helping host a fundraising event for Haven House, a charity that helps families to remain close to the hospital during long stays and times of need. (Much like Ronald McDonald House, only it's for family members of all ages) So Maggie and I dressed in our best and attended this fantastic event in Clayton, MO!

But first let me take a selfie... Up close look at my accessories! My fascinator was from Vineyard Vines, and I adore it! Necklace from J.Crew

Maggie and I are both sporting Lilly Pulitzer! She's in a pink seersucker dress from last summer, and my skirt is the Lavender skirt in Mint Julep and my top is the Barcelona cami from Express. I'm obsessed with this print!

College roomies reunited! I can always count on Grace for a good time!

ADPi sisters <> <3

Adore days with my best friend! 

Shannon, in the middle, is on the board of the Young Professionals board for Haven House. So proud of him and all his hard work- it was a great event! 

Adore this picture with my girls. It was a great day for a great cause! 
Hopefully I'll be back with a lot more to talk about this summer. I have some very big, exciting life news that I'll hopefully be able to announce soon. I can't wait to take you all on this new journey with me- more to come soon! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment