Sunday, June 26, 2016

Lilly Lover Meetup

If anyone were to ask what I love most about Lilly, there are some pretty obvious answers that most Lilly Lovers will give you: I love the colors, the prints are so fun, I love how Lilly makes me feel! The list could go on and on for me. But really, what I love most about Lilly is the people I have come to have in my life because of a love of the brand. The thing with Lilly Pulitzer is, it's not just a clothing brand, it's a lifestyle. There is a community that is all about this brand! When my best friend first introduced me to Lilly in 2010, I had no idea what I was in for. Not long after she got me hooked, I stumbled upon my first Lilly Facebook community. This group quickly welcomed me with open arms, and made me feel a part of something so much bigger than myself. I found myself a part of several other groups as the community kept growing and I found some ladies who I am still friends with today- almost 6 years later! I was lucky enough this weekend to get to meet up with a few of my favorite Lilly ladies. These are women I have met through the community, and I am so grateful to have met them! We had an absolute blast together, and I can't wait to plan the next meet up with these wonderful women!


I hit the road early Saturday morning, decked out in Lilly and ready to meet up with the other gals in St. Louis. I wore my Lilly Pulitzer Barefoot Princess Essie dress for the first time- and oh my goodness, I love it! It is such a flattering fit, and definitely great for a hot summer day in Missouri! I do find it to be a little "boobalicious" so I use my Miss Oops! Boob Tube to help with some of the cleavage without the annoyance of tank top lines on my hips. I have also been loving my Ray-Ban Erika sunglasses lately, it's great to mix-it-up for my usual Wayfarers every once in a while.


Our first stop, of course, was to Pink Magnolia, the Lilly store in St. Louis! You can't have a Lilly Ladies get together without a little shopping! I ended up with a few goodies that went home with me- a pair of Callahan shorts for my daughter, and a new pair of beach pants in Nice Ink- I have been waiting for those to come out for a while! 




All my Lilly Ladies! Decked out in our Lilly best- The Essie, Marlowe, Ali, and an oldie but a goodie- the Deanna Romper! (you can find similar here) And of course, what goes better with Lilly than Jack Rogers sandals and Tory Burch?

I also wanted to add- you can follow my friend, Jen, on her blogging journey And Hattie Makes Three


Next stop, lunch! We opted to eat at Canyon Cafe, and you can't have a lunch with your gals without some drinks! My margarita was amazing! The tacos were pretty fantastic, too. 


None of us had ever had a blowout before, so we went to a local blow dry bar, Breeze, to get our hair down. It was definitely an enjoyable experience- something I plan to do again for sure!

The finished product! Big hair, don't care. ;) 

I am so grateful to have had the chance to spend the day being pampered and having fun with my friends! If you also have young children at home, you understand, it's so important to get that "mama time". My husband was a trooper and took both kids for the day so that I could go out and play. He's a keeper for sure! I can't wait to do another meet up with these fabulous Lilly Ladies!

xx, Emily Ann 


2 comments:

  1. Such a fun day! It's so funny I felt like I've known you all forever though! We must do it again! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Lilly Pulitzer Barefoot Princess Essie dress! So colorful and elegant! Just like my Jump Juniors' Lace Bodycon Dress only at https://www.boutiqueken.com/pro/562437, I used to wear this always because it is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete